MU VISA ADVISOR: H-1B CAP HAS BEEN REACHED
On Friday the USCIS announced that the H-1B cap has been reached. The USCIS will hold a lottery and return any petitions for Beneficiaries who do not win the lottery along with all filing fees.
H-1B cap-subject petitions include:
* International students working on an EAD card under an OPT or CPT program after having attended a U.S. school
* International employees working on a TN may need an H-1B filed for them in order for them to pursue a permanent residency (green card) case
* Prospective international employees in another visa status e.g. H-4, L-2, J-1, F-1
* H-1B workers with a cap exempt organization
* Prospective international employees currently living abroad
* H-1B extension petitions
* H-1B transfer petitions
* Certain H-1B petitioners for University employers
* Certain H-1B petitions for Non-Profit Research organizations
Please contact your MU immigration attorney if you have any questions about this MU Visa Advisor or any other immigration issue.